Members of the Community Council serve as the champions of SARCC in the community, using their voices to promote healing and prevent sexual violence. Council members use their existing connections and partnerships to seek opportunities to talk about sexual violence and prevention in our community. The council plans and implements community-based events that bring other community members into the fold of the SARCC mission. When possible, those events will generate financial support for SARCC services. Their work is supported by the Vice President of Lebanon and/or the President/CEO.
Key tasks to be performed by the Community Council and related subcommittees:
• Tour SARCC offices with a staff member, learning about programs, goals, strategies, and community impact.
• Review materials and information about the reach and impact of SARCC services at Council meetings.
• Provide ideas and insight on how to make connections with community groups and bring innovative ideas to SARCC.
• Assist the Vice President, CEO, and Board to identify community members who may be able to provide philanthropic support of SARCC’s mission.
• Create and execute signature fundraising activities that support SARCC operations.
• Build public awareness of sexual violence, prevention, and healing in collaboration with SARCC staff and Board by cultivating activities, events, mailings, and materials.
• Review SARCC materials and initiatives to provide an everyday citizen’s perspective on our work.
• Make phone calls, visits, or write letters in support of SARCC’s mission and public policy initiatives.
• Identify and recruit future Lebanon Community Council members.
• Make an annual gift to SARCC that is personally meaningful to you as a Community Council member.
• Help thank and recognize volunteers and donors.
Meetings and Time Required
The Lebanon Community Council will consist of (9) to (15) members who are recruited and appointed by the Council Members upon approval from the Board of Directors. Meetings will be held approximately 6-8 times per year. In addition, each Council Member will be required to serve on one sub-committee.
If you are interested in joining SARCC’s Community Council, please contact email@example.com to request an application.